Chicken Breasts with Cherry Onion Confit Sauce
• 1 Tbs of butter
• 1 Tbs Oil
• 3 to 4 chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp. of butter
• 2 tbsp. of flour
• 2 tbsp. with Onion Confit Croque Cerise
• 1 Tbs old style mustard
• 1 cup beef broth (or chicken)
• 1/4 cup of beer
• salt and pepper
• Heat the butter and oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
• Cut chicken breasts into strips and brown in pan about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
• Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
• In the same pan, bring broth and beer to a boil.
• During this time, melt the butter in microwave oven and mix with the flour.
• Add the flour mixture to the boiling broth, mix well with a whisk.
• Add the onion confit and the mustard to the sauce and mix well.
• Add the chicken to the sauce, lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
• Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.
You can easily substitute pork to the chicken breasts.