Lemon and Yogourt Coated Cherry Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cherries coated in yogourt
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract or 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Place the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 175 °C (350F °F).
- Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg, the essences and the lemon zest. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and blend into butter mixture.
- Cut the cherries coated in yogourt into 2 or 4 pieces and add to the mixture using a spatula.
- Shape into balls of about 1 1/2 inches and place them on the cookie sheets, leaving a space between each.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until the edge begins to brown.
- Let the cookies cool and enjoy.
For this recipe you will need: