Cherry and Apple Sauce
• 4 beautiful apples from Quebec (about 4 cups)
• 1 cup pitted frozen sour cherries
• 1/4 cup of water
• Maple syrup or sugar to taste (optional)
1. Peel, core and chop the apples.
2. In a large saucepan, combine apples, water and sour cherries and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the apples are soft.
4. Sweeten to taste.
5. Let cool and reduce the mixture to a smooth puree with a mixer or with a immersion blender.
For this recipe you will need: