Chicken Breast in a Croque Cerise Onion Confit Sauce
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp oil
• 3 to 4 chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp flour
• 2 tbsp Croque Cerise onion confit
• 1 tbsp old-fashioned mustard
• 1 cup beef (or chicken) broth
• 1/4 cup beer
• Salt and pepper
• Heat butter and oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
• Cut the chicken breasts into strips and brown in the pan about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
• In the same pan, bring the broth and beer to a boil.
• At the same time, melt 2 tbsp of butter in the microwave and mix with 2 tbsp of flour.
• Add the butter and flour mixture to the boiling broth and mix well with a whisk.
• Add the onion confit and mustard to the gravy and mix well.
• Add the chicken and lower the heat to simmer for about ten minutes.
• Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve.
For this recipe you will need: